- With a coastline of nearly 590 km, Kerala has a major port at Kochi (with a cruise terminal) and 16 smaller ports along the coast.
- The State is very close to global maritime trade route passing through the Indian Ocean region with Kochi International Container Trans-shipment Terminal (ICT) at Vallarpadam, which is India’s first ICT.
- Kerala is the first State in India to have four international airports, namely in Kochi, Kozhikode, Thiruvananthapuram and Kannur.
State’s offering for the Investors
- Investment Promotion and Facilitation Cell constituted on behalf of Kerala State Single Window Board will be responsible for smooth interaction with applicants and issuing speedy approvals.
- Single Window Board to have the power to issue composite clearances that will be binding to all departments/agencies. Deemed licenses may be issued by the respective Boards in cases where the stipulated time period of 30 days has exceeded.
- An online single window clearance mechanism (SWIFT) including online Common Application Form (CAF), unifying the applications of the concerned departments/agencies with online payment provision, for speedy disposal of clearances in the State have been introduced.