- Maharashtra lies on the western coast of India. It is the third largest state in India, occupying approximately 9.4% of the country’s total geographical area.
- The state is well connected to all the major markets with 4 international and 7 domestic airports, over 303,000 km of road network and 6,165 km of rail network.
- The state’s coastline of 720 km and presence of 55 ports facilitate about 22% of the total cargo transport in India.
- Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNPT), the largest container port in the country, is connected to 34 Container Freight Stations (CFS) and 46 Inland Container Depots (ICD).
- The state has a total installed power capacity of over 43,000 MW.
State’s offering for the Investors